Tuesday, April 27, 2010

brooklyn

brooklyn.jpg

I found myself walking around manhattan all day saturday thanks to the husband having to work all weekend {again}. We got to stay in a fancy hotel near grand central station so I took it upon myself to roam the city with my camera. I made it to a couple of stores i wanted to explore and a great store opening event at purl soho. {I'll post pictures once I have time to get through the memory card.} But the rest of the time I found myself wandering with no idea what to do and desperately yearning to get away from the crowds.

And that is what I love about brooklyn. It's all the convenience and sights with half the people. It's quiet and charming with an abundance of local restaurants and boutiques and hidden gems. There are cobble stone streets and old brownstones and it's not nearly as intimidating as manhattan. But I guess that's why everyone here sticks to their neighborhoods. It's the familiar that makes us happy and comfortable and calm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey cuz...
food for thought...
change your depth of field...
try a smaller aperture
use f/16 instead of f/8 or f/11...
this will put both subjects in focus... experiment with this..
cuz...artie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...