Wednesday, September 01, 2010

mini loaves

IMG_1696_bread.jpg

All wrapped and ready to be delivered. I've never made mini-loaves and I have to say I love them (and I love that I found a good use for those labels). So small and cute and delicious. It's nice to bake a bread and be able to share it. Which is what I love most about cookies. Anyway, here's the tried and true chocolate chip banana bread recipe with a few of my own alterations:

3 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup sugar (the recipe calls for a cup but I think 1/2 is sweet enough)
1 egg
4 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 bag chocolate chips (+ or -)
1/2 cup ground flax seed (optional)

Melt buttter and let cool. Preheat oven to 325ยบ. Lightly grease loaf pan (or mini-pans). In bowl mash bananas, beat in sugar. Add egg, butter and vanilla, mix. In another bowl mix flour, salt and baking soda. Add slowly to banana mixture until flour is moistened. Mix in chocolate chips. Bake 55 to 60 minutes (45 or so for mini loaves, keep an eye on them...).

There you have it, enjoy!

1 comment:

carrie said...

I just got finished eating a slice!!:) So incredibly yummy!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...