Friday, November 25, 2011

yup, it was Pinterest, again

Thanks to that site I just happen to love so much I want to marry, I created something out of a piece of furniture that was headed for the dump.

IMG_8799_table.jpg

I bought this a LONG time ago for $5 and it sat and sat and sat in my basement, while other projects took presidence. Well, after a year of climate changes, moisture and movement, the drawers didn't fit so well anymore and I just couldn't deal with it, so it sadly gathered dust. It was on it's way out until a friend pinned an idea, baskets instead of drawers in an old dresser! Egads! So after a new coat of white paint {2 actually} and some wainscot panelling cut to size, it has a new life as a guest room side table. Luckily I had the Ikea baskets laying around from an old wardrobe AND they happened to fit PERfectly. And who couldn't use more storage, especially since that room's going to be filling up soon...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

i'm seriously working up a post to talk about everything i've done lately inspired by pinterest. it really has been a life changer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...