Saturday, March 09, 2013

Delicious Desserts: Raspberry Oat Bars

One night a week needs to be 'leftovers night', so I don't end up throwing out lots of yummy food. I've learned that the hard way. Tossing old pizza isn't bad, but when you're throwing away meals that you spent time and effort making, it hurts a little more. On those nights I've decided to try a new dessert recipe off Pinterest to keep consistent.


This one came from allrecipes.com and it's pretty good. I like fruit desserts, the only thing I think I did wrong on this one was not crumble the butter into the mixture enough. The top came out of the oven a little dry and 'dusty'. I fixed that by just taking a fork and mixing up the raspberry with the topping while it was still hot. I think next time I'll try to add in some mashed fresh raspberries instead of only using the preserves.

All in all, they were tasty.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...